Key Points To Remember
- Always Use an Agent who is Licensed with a recognised regulatory body.
- Invest in the presentation and facilities of your property to acheive the best rent quickly.
- Ensure you have obtained the necessary consents and check your lease conditions.
- A professional Inventory is an investment not and expense.
- Safety checks are a mandatory requirement and must be evidenced.
- Since 2008 all properties for sale or to let require an Energy Performance Certificate.
The lettings market has changed beyond all Recognition over recent years. The biggest change was made with the 1988 Housing Act, which has brought with it the Assured Short-Hold Tenancy and which has revolutionised the market. With the much publicised uncertainty in the financial markets, more and more Landlords have entered the residential lettings market as an alternative form of investment. Indeed many sellers are turning to lettings to protect their selling price and many buyers are also looking to rent whilst deposits and availability of mortgage funding is restricted.
Since 1995 Mon Properties have been offering the highest standards in Sales, Valuations, Auctions and Lettings of all types of Residential Rural and Commercial property here on the Isle of Anglesey. So you can be assured that the home you let or your property investment will be safe in our hands.
Licensed and Qualified Staff.... Means Quality Service
We are Licensed with Rent Smart Wales and the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) which means you have peace of mind in knowing that you are dealing with a responsible, professional, regulated Agent. We have Client Money Protection Insurance Cover, Professional Indemnity Insurance and are bound by strict codes of conduct.
All our Lettings staff have the Technical Award in Residential Lettings and Property Management and therefore have the required skills and qualifications to look after your interests.
We also belong to the Ombudsman for Estate Agents and Letting Agents who also have very strict codes of conduct and provide a fair and reasonable redress system should there be any dispute with our service.
Mon Properties deliver a professional, personal and Quality Service
Choosing a letting Agent is an important decision, and choosing a managing agent even more so. Mon Properties prides itself on experience and technical knowledge. With over 30 years of experience, with trained and qualified staff we feel we are best placed to offer you peace of mind.
We would be delighted to assist you in finding a tenant for your property. Please put us to the test by contacting us today.
Three Service Selection.... Means a Tailored Service
1: Let Only Service
Our Let Only Service is best suited for experience Landlords who have the time, knowledge, experience and resources to deal with all the day-to-day issues arising from letting a property.
- A free Intial Market Appraisal with full marketing advice
- A tailored Marketing package to fully expose your property to the widest audience
- Advice on presentation and property improvements to acheive best rent quickly
- Advice and information on all the required safety checks - We can arrange if required
- Accompanied Viewings
- Full Reference and Credit Checking
- Draw up Tenancy Agreement
- Advice on a Professional Inventory/Schedule of Condition - Essential in relation to deposit disputes
- Receipt of cleared initial rent monies and collection of tenancy deposit
- Arrangement of subsequent standing order for future rents to be paid to your account
- We can arrange any extensions to the initial term
- Providing tenant with all relevant certificates and information to ensure they are aware of their reponsibilities
2: Let Only & Rent Collection Service
All the benefits of above but also a comprehensive Rent Collection Service for those Landlords who require rents to be chased quickly efficiently legally and reliably with robust systems to inform all parties of the issues and consequences of late and non payment. It is vital to keep precise and detailed accounts of all rents received to ensure that the tenancy runs smoothly and any income for taxation purposes is recorded correctly. We will arrange for all cleared rents to be forwarded promptly, less any necessary deductions, by BACS transfer to your account.
Please note that whilst we will make every effort to collect rent and ensure the tenancy agreement is adhered to, the Landlord will be responsible to initiate and settle any costs of legal action recommended by us should this prove necessary. We will offer every assistance to your legal representative and provide documentation as required.
3: Full Management Service
Whilst the benefits of letting can be rewarding the responsibilities can appear daunting with over 20 separate pieces of Statutory legislation to be considered and complied with. The property needs to be cared for and maintained, with any problems being addressed quickly and efficiently. This may be difficult if you are new to letting , if you live out of the area, if there are several owners or simply do not have the time and sometimes the inclination to look after all the day-to-day issues.
Well our Full Management Service is tailored to look after you completely -
Not only are all the above covered but we also include
- Collection of rent with monthly statements
- Quarterly Inspections to identitfy any issues - We can also provide a report if requested
- We will deal with any maintenance issues and instruct suitable qualified contractors
- Service of Notices
- Hold and Register the Tenant's deposit and assess any dilapidations
- A check in and check out service
- Arrange estimates for repairs or improvements
- Pay any regular outgoings
- Arrange all service and safety checks
- Out of hours call out service for tenants